THURSDAY SESSION * Aviation Fuels - An Overview
Currently Scheduled: 10/13/2022 - 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Room: Ivy Room 2 - Moody Gardens Hotel
Roger Gaughan - ASTM International
The one-day Aviation Fuels training session is intended to be an introduction to the three-day course usually taught in other scenarios. IT IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR THE THREE-DAY COURSE TAUGHT IN VARIOUS LOCATIONS OR IN ON-SITE TRAINING BUT WILL BE A GOOD INTRODUCTORY SESSION. For specific employees, ASTM suggests that key personnel attend the three-day course. This applies to all who work in the aviation field because only then can you have the necessary redundancy that is required, even if you are in manufacturing, distribution, testing, purchasing, into plane agents or aviation customers using the fuels.
Subjects to be discussed include:
- A general review of tests used at the manufacturing location for Aviation Turbine Fuel and Aviation Gasoline.
- A brief discussion on engine parameters which can be affected by aviation fuel properties.
- Key properties that affect the performance of aviation fuels.
- A general summary of the downstream testing (beyond the point of manufacture) to the airplane. Aviation fuels are tested extensively in the points downstream of manufacture and this session will only summarize those.
- A brief description of field quality assurance measures used by the aviation industry.
- The instructor for this course have had extensive experience in the aviation fuels industry.
FOR INFO AND TO SIGN UP PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW: