GCC Covid Guidelines
• GCC will be providing hand sanitizer & masks. GCC Employees will be required to wear masks.
Participants Must Agree to the Following
- Support social distancing measures. Be mindful of causing crowding by moving chairs, stopping to chat in a busy hallway, ignoring directional signage, or otherwise interfering with spacing efforts.
- Adhere to any requirements imposed by GCC and The Moody Gardens Convention Center. GCC is working to create an engaging, safe meeting, and to ensure all participants are informed regarding safety requirements. In the event the State of Texas issues new requirements before or during the meeting, GCC will alert all participants by email and the conference app as soon as possible.
- Stay home or in your hotel room if you feel sick
- Everyone Attending Technical Sessions will be required to wear a mask. Mask must shield your nose and mouth. Pack an adequate number of masks so you can be masked throughout the entire meeting. GCC will have extra masks available for those participants who are in need. Masks will be required for all technical sessions during the meeting. Presenters may remove their mask while speaking in a session.
- Allow extra time to register, check-in, get seated at a session, and other common activities.
- Social Distancing: Look for directional signs/floor stickers. Some spaces will have designated paths that move in one direction. Observe and support safe traffic flow.
- Exhibit Hall Carpet: There will be no aisle carpet in the exhibit hall to improve the effectiveness of cleaning and sanitization efforts. The booths will be carpeted.
- Generous spacing between seats in meeting rooms. This reduces the effort required to clean spaces and discourages crowding.
- Hand Sanitizer stations will be provided throughout the hotel and convention center, wash and sanitize your hands often, and sneeze in your elbow.
- Staggered scheduling. This reduces crowding in high-traffic areas, and improves air circulation. GCC is working to try and stagger session scheduling to reduce traffic in hallways.
- Last-minute program changes. GCC anticipates there may be last-minute changes in speakers and sessions due to changing travel restrictions. Use the GCC mobile app to keep track of changes in the sessions you want to attend.
- Registration and entrances staffed to ensure compliance. GCC will have an increased presence of staff and security to ensure the meeting will be safe and engaging for all participants.
- Exhibitors will have access to additional cleaning and disinfection services for their booths from the show contractor.
Moody Gardens is committed to creating a healthy environment.
- Moody Gardens strongly encourages guests to wear face masks and to continue social distancing, when possible, to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- All Moody Gardens employees will continue to wear face masks for the protection of both our guests and our staff.
- Rigid sanitization protocols and social distancing practices will remain in place through Moody Gardens property to provide an experience that is clean, safe and fun.
- Moody Gardens will be utilizing electrostatic misters along with conventional surface disinfection.
- Moody Gardens has implemented a cashless transaction policy property-wide and currently ONLY accepts credit cards to reduce physical contact as a part of our COVID-19 protocols.
Freeman Decorating is the appointed GCC show contractor. Effective August 1, Freeman requires their team—including union members—to wear masks and practice social distancing while on-site at an event. Freeman also mandates vaccination or regular testing for its employees.